Chainflip Development Update — June 3rd 2022
Thanks to Peanut in the Chainflip Community channel for reminding me that I have a dev update to ship this week. What better to do on a Friday afternoon when the sun is shining, the beers are cold, and the music stream is stalled out because of the soviet-era internet cabling in our old building?
Progress Since Last Update
Since the last time we gave an update we’ve probably not accomplished as much as we would have liked. Most folks had a couple of days off last week due to a public holiday in the Federal Republic of Deutschland. However some boxes that we did tick off:
- Started using Quickcheck to fuzz-test our State Chain
- Removed a bunch of migration code that we don’t need now that Soundcheck is done
- Continued the good progress towards Polkadot TSS support
- Keygen now includes a final stage to construct a signature
- Ensure that messages sent as part of MPC ceremonies are not too large
- Added a couple of functions to the Smart Contract Vault which should allow anyone to integrate with Chainflip
- Awesome progress on the swapping app prototype
We killed it. It’s dead. No more Soundcheck. Go read the update here if you have not done so already to learn about the time when we lost control of the network to a cat.
Paradise net will come soon-ish but probably later than originally planned, we want to make sure everything’s in order first so that there are fewer day-1 fires to fight. Stay tuned but not too tuned.
Goals for the Next Fortnight
Some quick bullet points detailing the major milestones that we hope to achieve by the time the next dev update rolls around.
- Cap the number of broadcast retries in any given block
- Finish off the chain tracking pallet (ethereum gas fee oracle)
- Better CFE error handling
Ethereum audit round two kicks off on Monday. We’ve made some reasonably large changes to the code since the previous one and we’re almost at a prod-ready state for the contracts, so we’re keen to see what comes back from this one.
The Chainflip community bangs. If the community Discord channel is not your primary shitposting locale, please ask yourself why.
Until next time.